Agenda – November 1st PTO/Parent-to-Parent Meeting
Old Business – October minutes read by Mrs. Murphy and approved by committee at large. Thanks to Ms. Whitworth for securing the magician for the Harvest Festival. Suggestion was brought to organizations attention was for the next festival event we will need more (better) communication regarding costs (i.e., not a free event). One parent thought we would give out goodie bags at the end of the event (maybe something we could do for the next event).
- Search for Treasurer (request to fill this position will be placed in newsletter)
- Fundraisers for 2012 include but are not limited to Chuck E Cheese fund raiser is scheduled for March 2012; pizza kits; skating party; candy. Close on fundraiser @ next meeting. Fundraiser for 8th grade (skating) to raise money for 8th grade trip scheduled for May 2012 to Chicago.
- Thanksgiving & Christmas ideas (item not discussed; will discuss at next meeting)
- Winter Festival Planning – date not confirmed but will be around December 19th. Parent PTO will have a bake sale during the winter festival. Will ask parents for donations of individually wrapped baked goods and/or money.
- PBS Volunteers Needed – no PBS helpers were available in October. Parent volunteers needed for both campuses. Next PBS meeting will be held on Monday, November 7th. New helpers will be recruited in 2012.
- Student Led Tutoring for Dexter Campus (item not discussed; will discuss at next meeting)
- Student Led Conferences – are scheduled for November 3rd and 4th
- Parent to Parent Ideas/Activity Planning for 2012
School Club Announcements
Academic games – Trainer Mr. Meter is now training for this event. The competition is for 5 & 6 graders. Permission slips will be set out soon. Joy Prep will be hosting the competition on 1-24-12.
Reminder – Concerns regarding students leaving building (Dexter) early before 3:05 pm, sneaking out of building and/or crossing Dexter in the middle of the street.
Parent 2 Parent Book Club – Question was raised. Are parents still interested, if not how about a student book club. All books are suitable for students. Possibly parents and students read same book and discuss together.
ZUMBA Class – flyer provided
Student Council – Students are currently running and voting should take place within the next two weeks.
Girls Basketball – next game is Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at P.A.C.E. they will be playing Burns Schools at 5:30pm, additional information, questions and for game times please see Ms. Hatter-at Dexter campus.
Newspaper – starts this month Ms. Banks recruiting now.
Chess Club started today November 1, 2011 Mr. Pride.
Parents would like to publish information in a section of weekly newsletter,
Committee would like to survey parents regarding alternative time for meetings due to lack of participation. Can suggest a free dress down for class(es) with the most parent surveys returned (need approval from Mrs. Gardulescu).
Eighth graders will not have a prom because of senior trip expense. There may be dance & dinner either in church basement or gym.
Board-member expressed interest in attending next PTO meeting. (Mr. George Waters)
Next Meeting: Tuesday, December 6th at Dexter Campus 5:30 pm